Gua sha is a traditional Chinese medicine technique that focuses on a deeper facial massage.
The benefits of gua sha include:
- Relax stressed out facial muscles, including your temples and jaw
- Stimulates collagen production minimizing fine lines and sagging
- Safely and effectively firm up your facial muscles to slow down skin aging and promote a youthful glow
- Reduce water retention and slim around your lower face and under the neck from lymphatic massage
To use your gua sha:
- Wash your face and apply your favourite hydrating serum
- Using a light pressure, lay your gua sha flat and use and upward movement from the middle of your eyebrows up to your hairline
- Slide gua sha from the side creases of your nose to your cheeks, moving outwards to your ear
- From the center of your chin, slide outwards against your jawline to your ears
- Slide from under the chin down to your neck & collarbone and repeat this motion across the neck
- Gently slide from the corner of your under-eye out to the sides of your temples
Which stone is right for you?
Jade symbolizes grace, beauty and health in Chinese culture. It is known to balance your sense of well being and is the stone of purity or purification. Jade is regarded as a stone that protects and supports loving heart energy,
Black Obsidian is a powerful cleanser of psychic smog created within your aura, and is a strong psychic protection stone. This stone has powerful metaphysical properties that will help to shield you against negativity.
Rose Quartz stone is considered a powerful healing stone. It has been suggested it can improve circulation, boost neuron connectivity, and even accelerate healing.